Nab landlord Insurance Review
Want to Protect your home against unforeseen disasters? Are you wondering about insurance services? Can NAB landlord Insurance help you with that ! I will help you analyze it in more detail.
What does NAB landlord insurance cover?
NAB offers the following landlord insurance policies: building, contents, and combined building and contents.
Here are some of the main insured events you’ll be covered for with one of NAB’s policies :
- Escape of liquid
- Malicious damage
An overview of NAB landlord insurance features
A NAB landlord insurance building and content and building only comes with the following features included as standard:
- Debris removal
- Rebuilding and professional fees
- Environmental upgrades
- Building code compliance costs
- Loss of rent
If you want extra protection, you can pay extra to get the following added on to your NAB landlord insurance policy:
- Rent default and theft by tenant
- Flood cover
- Landlord workers’ compensation
NAB will not pay your claim for any of the following reasons:
- Actions of the sea
- Coal seam gas
- Deliberate, intentional, malicious or criminal acts
- Lawful seizure
- Wear and tear
- Inherent defects
- Illegal contents
- Soil movement
Make sure to read NAB’s PDS for a more detailed breakdown of exclusions.
Home insurance cover levels with NAB
Buildings cover is designed to protect the physical structures that make up your home. This can include the garage, shed, swimming pool, deck and the house itself. It’s generally suited to people who own a house, townhouse, terrace or semi-detached dwelling.
Contents cover is built to protect the items at your home, including furniture, appliances, white goods and personal belongings such as laptops, jewellery and clothing. It can also cover carpets, blinds and curtains.
Building & Contents
This lets you combine what you get with building and contents cover so that you’re protected for both. It covers you for loss or damage caused by fire, bushfires, grassfires, smoke, theft, burglary and more.
NAB offers several optional covers as well which you can add to your home insurance policy. These include:
Domestic workers’ compensation
Who is eligible for a home insurance policy with NAB?
A NAB home building or contents insurance product is suitable for those who:
- own or have a legal interest in a residential property in Australia
- need building or contents cover to cover the financial costs of repairing, rebuilding or replacing the insured building or items in the event that it is damaged,
destroyed or lost as a result of an insured event
- need legal liability cover
See more: Life Insurance for Women
Making a claim
If you need to make a claim on your NAB home and contents insurance policy, you can do so in two ways:
- Online. The fastest and easiest way to claim is using Allianz’s online claims form. The form is available 24/7 and can be completed in under 10 minutes.
- Over the phone. You can call Allianz’s 24/7 claims hotline on 1300 555 013. An Allianz claims consultant will talk you through how to lodge your claim.
You will need to provide your policy number and full details of the incident leading to your claim. You should also provide any information or documentation requested by the insurer, such as proof of ownership or police report numbers, as soon as possible.